Science and Technology Academy for Residence Scholars
The Science and Technology Academy for Residence Scholars (STARS) program is a two-week residential enrichment program on the campus of Delaware State University (DSU) for rising 10th – 12th grade high school students. The STARS program is designed to stimulate and extend the interest of high school students in the fields of mathematics, science and information technology. The science labs, computer labs and classrooms at DSU will be the setting for small group, hands-on activities in Mathematics, Science, Information Technology, and SAT Preparation. The majority of STARS instructors are DSU professors.
The main objectives of the STARS program are:
- To increase science and mathematics-related knowledge, skills and confidence in a group of high school students.
- To increase the participants’ interest in and engagement with mathematics, science and technology and increase the likelihood that they will major in a science field in college.
- To increase the student’s familiarity with the large variety of careers in science.
Hear what people are saying about STARS!
We are recruiting students who…
- Are rising 10th, 11th, and 12th grade students;
- Have a GPA average of B or above;
- Have an interest in math and science;
- Are motivated and enthusiastic;
- Would like to experience college life; and
- Would enjoy working with a diverse group of faculty and peers.
- Cost: $1,000 per student
- On-campus living arrangements
- Cafeteria meal plan
- Small group, hands-on activities in Mathematics, Science, Information Technology, and SAT Preparation
- Field trips
- Collegiate experience
- Opportunity to qualify for future scholarships to attend Delaware State University