Jinjie Liu Ph.D.
Department of Mathematical Sciences
Delaware State University
1200 N Dupont Hwy
Dover DE 19901
jliu [at] desu.edu
Current Graduate Students
- Jason Cornelius
- Andre Strong
- Qiqi Tran
- Penglong Xu
Former Ph.D. Students
- Adonis Ajayi, May 2015
- Pengrui Hui, August 2015
- Yingxue Zhao, August 2015
Transformation Optics Based Local Mesh Refinement
FDTD on Non-orthogonal Grids
SHG from metamaterials
The Front Tracking Method
- J. Cornelius, J. Liu, and M. Brio, Finite-difference time-domain simulation of spacetime cloak, Optics Express, 22 (10), 12087-12095, 2014.
- J. Liu, M. Brio, and J. V. Moloney, Transformation optics based local mesh refinement for solving Maxwell’s equations, Journal of computational Physics, 258, 359-370, 2014.
- J. Liu, M. Brio, and J. V. Moloney, An Overlapping Yee FDTD method for Material Interfaces between Anisotropic Dielectrics and General Dispersive or PEC Media, International Journal of Numerical Modelling: Electronic Networks, Devices and Fields. 27, 22-33, 2014.
- A. Marcano, I. Basaldua, A. Villette, R. Edziah, J. Liu, O. Ziane, and N. Melikechi, Photothermal lens spectrometry measurements in highly turbid samples, Applied Spectroscopy, 67, 1013-1018, 2013.
- J. Liu, M. Brio, and J. V. Moloney, Subpixel smoothing Finite-Difference Time-Domain method for material interface between dielectric and dispersive media. Optics Letters, 37, 4802-4804, 2012.
- J. Liu, M. Brio, and J. V. Moloney, Computation of optical force on nanoparticles using locally non-orthogonal overlapping Yee FDTD method, Journal of Electromagnetic Analysis and Applications, 4, 452-456, 2012.
- Y. Zeng, J. Liu, and D. Werner, General Properties of Two-dimensional Conformal Transformations in Electrostatics, Optics Express, 19 (21), 20035-20047, 2011.
- J. Liu, M. Brio, Y. Zeng, A. Zakharian, W. Hoyer, S. W. Koch, J. V. Moloney, Generalization of the FDTD algorithm for simulations of hydrodynamic nonlinear Drude model, J. Comput. Phys., 229 (17), 5921-5932, 2010.
- J. Liu, M. Brio, J. V. Moloney, A Diagonal Split-cell Model for the Overlapping Yee FDTD Method, Acta Mathematica Scientia, 29 B (6):1670-1676, 2009.
- Y. Zeng, W. Hoyer, J. Liu, S. W. Koch, J. V. Moloney, Classical theory for second-harmonic generation from metallic nanoparticles, Phys. Rev. B, 79, 235109, 2009.
- J. Liu, M. Brio, J. V. Moloney, Overlapping Yee FDTD Method on Nonorthogonal Grids, J. Sci. Comput., 39 (1), 129-143, 2009.
- N. Feth, S. Linden, M.W. Klein, M. Decker, F.B.P. Niesler, Y. Zeng, W. Hoyer, J. Liu, S.W. Koch, J.V. Moloney, M. Wegener, Second-harmonic generation from complementary split-ring resonators, Opt. Lett., 33, 1975-1977, 2008.
- S. Chen, W. Zang, A. Schülzgen, J. Liu, L. Han, Y. Zeng, J. Tian, F. Song, J. V. Moloney, N. Peyghambarian, Implicit high-order unconditionally stable complex envelope algorithm for solving the time-dependent Maxwell’s equations, Opt. Lett., 33, 2755-2757, 2008.
- J. Liu, H. Lim, J. Glimm, X. Li, A Conservative Front Tracking Method in N-dimensions, J. Sci. Comput., 31, 213-236, 2007.
- J. Jiang, J. Liu, On uniqueness of limit cycle for the equation x” + f(x) \phi(x’) x’ + g(x) = 0, J. Math. Anal. Appl., 284 (1), 1-8, 2003.
- J. Liu, M. Brio, Transformation Optics based moving window Finite-Difference Time-Domain method, Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Electromagnetics in advanced applications, Palm Beach, Aruba, August 2014.
- D. Pokrajac, P. Sivakumar, Y. Markushin, D. Milovic, M. Rana, G. Holness, J. Liu, N. Melikechi, Towards Optimal CLassifier of Spectroscopy Data, Proceedings of the 1st International Conference on Electrical, Electronic and Computing Engineering (icETRAN), Vrnjacka Banja, Serbia, June 2014.
- Z. Zeng, J. Liu, F. Liu, Simulation of GPR in multi-scale heterogeneity medium by overlapping Yee FDTD method, the 4rd International Conference on Environmental and Engineering Geophysics, Chengdu, China, 587-593, 2010.
- Y. Zeng, W. Hoyer, J. Liu, S. W. Koch, and J. Moloney, A Classical Study of Second-Harmonic Generation from Metallic Nanoparticles, Nonlinear Optics: Materials, Fundamentals and Applications, p. NWB1. Optical Society of America, 2009.
- J. Glimm, B. Fix, X. Li, J. Liu, X. Liu, T. Lu, R. Samulyak, Z. Xu, Front Tracking under TSTT, Proceedings of the IGPP-CalSpace Conference, Astronomical Society of the Pacific, 359, 15, 2007.
- J. Liu, J. Glimm, X. Li, A Conservative Front Tracking Method, Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Hyperbolic Problems: Theory, Numerics, and Applications, Yokohama Publishers, Osaka, Japan, 57-62, 2006.
Oct. 28, 2013: Our paper “Transformation Optics based Local Mesh Refinement for solving Maxwell’s equations” has been accepted for publication in Journal of Computational Physics.
December 2012: Our paper ”Subpixel smoothing FDTD method for material interface between dielectric and dispersive media”, published in Optics Letters, has been highlighted in“Spotlight on Optics”.